Hello my lovelies,
As you all know this Easter Weekend I’m sharing a blogpost with you daily. Today is Easter Eve! This is the day between Good Friday and Easter Day. It represents the one full day that Jesus was dead. Is is also sometimes known as Holy Saturday.
So today I’ve decided to share with you all my Creme Egg CupCake recipe, as what’s better to share with you just before Easter tomorrow? So let’s get started;
Ingredients For Cupcakes:
- 8oz of self raising flour
- 8oz of butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 8oz of caster sugar
- 12 mini creme eggs (should be left in the freezer chilling until needed)
How To Make CupCakes:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients and equipment. Pre-heat your oven to 180 Degrees / Gas Mark 4 / 170 Fan.
- Secondly, whisk together the 8oz of self raising flour, 8oz of softened butter, 8oz of caster sugar and 4 large eggs until the mixture is creamy in texture.
- Next, spoon the mixture into individual cupcake cases and pop a frozen mini creme egg into each case.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. To check for certain if their cooked just press gently and they should spring back.
- Once fully baked, leave the cakes to cool.
Ingredients For Frosting:
- 5oz / 150g of unsalted butter (never use margarine as you won’t get the same consistency) softened
- 12oz / 350g of icing sugar
- 1oz of cocoa powder
- 6 creme eggs (should be left in the freezer chilling until needed, also have a few extra just in case)
How To Make Frosting / Decorations:
- Firstly, place the 5oz of unsalted butter and 12oz of icing sugar into a bowl and either: use an electric whisk and beat together the two ingredients until well mixed or using a wooden spoon cream/beat together until creamy in consistency. If it’s too thick, dribble some warm water into the bowl to soften.
- Once the mixture is beaten, add in 1oz of cocoa powder and mix together until combined. If the mixture needs more cocoa powder, do add but slowly.
- Next, fill the piping bags with the butter icing, personally I wouldn’t fill the bag completely as this can cause explosions of icing. Half fill the bag to reduce that risk.
- Now, let’s get pipping!
- Finally, top every cupcake with half a creme egg *hopefully it doesn’t slip*.
- You can now serve, YUM!
And that’s Creme Egg delights, baked, decorated and ready to be eaten. These may be a little sickly but they are worth it, every mouthful is pure heaven I’ve heard!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s blogpost. I really enjoyed making these, they are so much easier than they look. Please let me know if you make these yourself, I’d love to see your creations – make sure you tag me on social media or let me know below so I know to go check them out!
Sending tons of love as always,